CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Two unexpected heroes keyed the Cincinn

Dyskusje o wszystkim co dotyczy serialu lub strony.

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Two unexpected heroes keyed the Cincinn

Postprzez blueberryjerry » Wt maja 02, 2017 10:09 am

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Two unexpected heroes keyed the Cincinnati Reds move to catch the division leaders. Marcin Gortat Jersey . Alfredo Simon moved into a tie for the National League lead with his 11th win and Billy Hamilton homered as the Reds snapped a three-game losing streak with a 4-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday night. Simon was a replacement in the rotation for Mat Latos, who missed the first two months of the season. The right-hander has never thrown more than 115 2-3 innings in his career. He has 110 with 77 games left in the season, "Every time I go out, I just try to do my best," the 33-year old said. "I keep trying to put zeroes on the board. Ive never had 11 wins before but my arm is like a 20-year old." Before a crowd of 42,120, Cincinnatis fifth sellout of the season, Simon helped the Reds take a 2-0 lead in the third inning. He lined a single with one out, and Hamilton followed on the next pitch with a 344-foot home run into the visitors bullpen down the right field line. It was the fifth of the season for Junes National League Rookie of the Month. Hamilton hit just six homers at Triple-A Louisville last season, his first full season as a switch hitter. "Hamilton took advantage of one of the few mistakes Kyle Lohse made," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "It is not just the home runs. It is the evolution of the player that is impressive. Hes done a lot of things we didnt know that he was able to do this soon in his career." Hamilton guessed right on Lohses pitch selection. "He threw me some changeups my first time up," Hamilton said. "I was looking for one that time. Home runs are surprises. It just happens. I put the same swing on every pitch." Hamilton saved Simon with a leaping catch off the bat of Ryan Braun, leading off the sixth. "The guys take a lot of pride in their defence," Price said. "A lot of them want to win Gold Gloves." Skip Schumaker and Joey Votto had run-scoring doubles for the Reds, who were coming off being swept in a three-game series at San Diego. Simon (11-3), making his career-high 17th start, overcame Jonathan Lucroys home run to move into a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and the Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in wins. The Central Division-leading Brewers dropped their fourth straight, matching their longest losing streak of the season. Simon allowed six hits and two runs with two walks, three strikeouts and a wild pitch in 7 1-3 innings to improve to 5-0 over his last seven starts. Jonathan Broxton got the final two outs of the eighth and Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth for his 17th save. Lohse (9-3) lasted five innings, allowing four runs -- three earned -- and seven hits with eight strikeouts and one walk while picking up his first loss in five starts since June 6. He was 2-0 over his previous four starts. "He threw a bad pitch to Hamilton, a changeup," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "Were making some bad pitches to Hamilton and hes not missing them. Kyle did some things right. He mixed speeds. His pitch count got up fast, but I didnt think he was that bad." The Reds scored as many runs in that span of two batters as they totalled against the Padres. They made it 3-0 in the fourth on consecutive doubles by Devin Mesoraco and Schumaker. Mesoraco was robbed of a home run by centre fielder Carlos Gomez, who went high above the wall in deep right-centre and almost pulled off a highlight-reel catch before settling for keeping the ball in play. Lyle Overbays error set up Cincinnatis fourth run. The first baseman couldnt corral Todd Fraziers spinning chopper with one out in the fifth inning, and Frazier scored all the way from first on Vottos double into the left field corner. The Brewers broke up the shutout in the seventh, which Simon started by hitting Aramis Ramirez, who moved to second on a wild pitch and scored on Jean Seguras single. Lucroy knocked Simon out of the game in the eighth with his ninth homer of the season, a 374-foot drive to right-centre that bounced off the top of the wall and into the stands. Simon came into the game with the ninth-lowest ERA in the league and lowered it to 2.78 with the win. "I have the numbers for the All-Star team but its not up to me," Simon said. NOTES: Simons previous career high in starts was 16 for Baltimore in 2011. ... The Reds won their second straight game in front of a sellout crowd after losing their first three this season. ... Milwaukee recalled OF Logan Schafer from Triple-A Nashville on Friday. Schafer, who was optioned on June 13, had travel problems that delayed his arrival at Great American Ball Park, but he was in time to start in left field. ... Reds OF Jay Bruce extended his streak of consecutive hitless at-bats to 20, surpassing his previous career high of 19. ... The Reds opened their busiest home stand of the season. They are scheduled to play 11 games in 10 days, including a doubleheader against the Cubs on Tuesday created by a rainout. Otto Porter Wizards Jersey . After Mariota was pushed around by Stanford on Thursday, finishing 20/34 with 250 yards and two touchdowns in Oregons Title hope-crushing defeat, hes going to need a poor performance or two from the remaining frontrunners to have a shot at the most coveted individual trophy in college sports. Michael Jordan Wizards Jersey . THE THUNDER & PACERS BENCHES: In a nutshell, not impressive at all. http://www.wizardsauthenticproshop.com/rasual-butler-wizards-jersey/ . The Big Man finished 3-1 in Week 19, and sits at 53-24 on the season. Now Schultz is ready for more action.SALT LAKE CITY - The Golden State Warriors stepped off the plane in Salt Lake City with a bad taste in their mouths from a two-point overtime loss against the Chicago Bulls earlier in the week. Things got even worse against the Jazz on Friday night.The Warriors struggled defensively for the third straight game as Gordon Hayward led the Jazz to a 110-100 upset win against the leagues highest-scoring team.It was the Jazzs first win in three tries against the Warriors.Hayward scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds and showed no lingering effects from sinus congestion that held him out of practice Thursday and affected him in a loss to the Clippers on Wednesday. He added six assists and three stealsIt was good to see (Hayward) get energized and get some of his juice back, Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. I think hes always risen to a challenge in a matchup. He played really well and played really hard. ... The biggest thing is his rebounding.The Jazz got a huge lift from the bench with 17 points from Trevor Booker and 15 from second-year point guard Trey Burke, who may have had his best game since moving to the bench with seven assists and one turnover.We all know that were going to get the minutes, Burke said. We got to go out there and produce, though. Its about we, not me.Specifically on the defensive end. We have to have each others backs. You can talk a lot about the offence from the bench, but defence is what started it.Stephen Curry had his ninth 30-point game of the season and finished with 32.But his fellow All-Star backcourt teammate Klay Thompson was held to 12 after scoring at least 22 in the last five games. The Warriors were never able to put together one of their trademark scoring runs.The Jazz (17-30) used an 11-2 run early in the second quarter to take a 39-27 lead as the Warriors just didnt resemble the team with the NBAs best record. Golden State (36-8) never led and tied just twice in the first quarter.We didnt have enough life to win a game on the road against a hungry, young team, Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. Martell Webster Wizards Jersey. Its all energy. Its all focus and being on edge. Everybody in this league has so much talent, so its usually the team that has a little better edge, physically, emotionally.We cant play that way on the road, not getting those loose balls, and not boxing out and not getting a body on people and expect to win.TIP-INSJazz: The Jazz bench players scored 28 of the teams 56 first-half points and finished with 51. ... The Jazz finished their four-game homestand 2-2. ... Dante Exum went to the locker room in the third quarter after being hit in the throat by an elbow. He returned to the bench later that quarter and to the game midway through the fourth quarter.Warriors: The Warriors trailed by double-digits at halftime for fifth time this season — all on the road. They are 1-4 in those games ... Outside of Curry and Thompson, Golden State starters scored just 15 points. ... The 100 points were the fewest scored by the Warriors since an 86-point effort in a loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Dec. 25. ... The 43.0 shooting percentage was the fifth lowest of the season for the Warriors. ... Friday was the third time this season the Warriors have lost back-to-back games, accounting for six of their eight losses.THE ART OF STORYTELLINGJazz rookie Joe Ingles told stories Thursday about the difference between playing in NBA arenas and those overseas. Hes played for the Australian National team and in Spain and Israel.Ive had all kinds of things thrown at me and fans spit at you, Ingles said with a laugh. Ive seen a lot. Teammates been hit with objects and start bleeding. ... You name it and Ive either had it thrown at me or one of my teammates has. ... Its nice to be able to just go into an arena and not get abused and stuff thrown at you every week.UP NEXTJazz: At the Portland Trailblazers on Tuesday.Warriors: Host Phoenix Suns on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry

Re: CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Two unexpected heroes keyed the Cinc

Postprzez valendar » Śr maja 16, 2018 4:20 am

valendar

Powrót do Due South